A Level Results - 2020
Please note that 2020 A level results were centre-assessed grades.
- The percentage of students achieving the top grades of A* to B was 66.2%
- The overall achievement at A*/A was 40.7%
- 41 students achieved the excellent standard of three or more passes at grade A*/A
Four students will be continuing their studies at Oxbridge with 16 students pursuing studies in medicine, veterinary science and dentistry. A number of students are progressing to STEM-focused courses with many studying diverse courses ranging from law to nursing, psychology, business management, food science, music, journalism and speech and language therapy.
A Level Results - 2019
- A* to B was 59% significantly higher than the national average of 48%
- The overall achievement at A*/A was 32%, significantly higher than the national average of 22%
- 31 students achieved the excellent standard of three or more passes at grade A*/A. This constitutes 17% of the year group. (significantly above national average of 10%) Note: of these, six of these were 4 A/A* and one gained 5 A*/A
- Five students achieved 3 A*, 2 students gained 4 A*’s
Our valid added point score was was -0.7 (national average is 0) with the average points gained for A-level being 37.0 (national average = 33.9 ) and we gained 79% grade A*-C (national % was 74%).
Retention figures for 2018-2019 are as follows:
BRGS A Level Exam Results 2019 for each subject can be found here.
GCSE Level Results - 2019
- 59% of all grades were at 9-7
- 15% of all GCSE grades were at grade 9
- 97.2% of our students achieved 5 or more 9-4 grades including English and Mathematics with 94.5% achieving 5 strong pass including English and Maths
- 70 % of our students achieved 5 9-7s
- 41.6% of our students achieved 8 9-7s
- 78.5% of our students achieved the English Baccalaureate - a grade 4 or better in English, Mathematics, Science (dual award or two single Science subjects), a humanities subject and a foreign language. 96.7% of our students were entered for the English Baccalaureate.
- four of our students achieved 9 or more grade 9s, with one achieving 10 grade 9s and one grade 7
BRGS Progress 8 was +0.37, BRGS Attainment 8 was 7.2 (both significantly higher than national average)
BRGS GCSE Exam Results for each subject can be found here.
To compare BRGS to other similar providers and to view external government maintained performance information please click here. To see school and college performance tables for all maintained schools, please click here.