The Governors of Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School (BRGS) work together to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- contribute to the academy’s self-evaluation and understand its strengths and weaknesses, including the impact of their own work;
- provide challenge and hold the Headmaster and other senior leaders to account for improving the quality of teaching, pupils’ achievement and behaviour and safety;
- use performance management systems including the performance management of the Headmaster to improve teaching, leadership and management;
- ensure solvency and probity and that the financial resources made available to the academy are managed effectively.
The governors are also trustees of the Academy Trust. The members of the Academy Trust are the chairs of the sub-committees of the governing body.
The terms of reference of the current sub-committees of the Governing Body can be found on the relevant links below:
The Chairman of BRGS Governing Body is Mr. Malcolm White and he can be contacted care of the school address and via the school telephone number 01706 234500.
For Governors' Allowance Policy please click here.