Information for Students and Parents about what to do after receiving AS/A2 Exam Results
- Students at BRGS have again produced excellent results at A Level this year.
- 268 students passed 1072 A Level exams out of 1095 at grades A to E and, in addition, passed 418 exams at AS Level. The pass rate was 97.9% and has remained virtually constant for a number of years. BRGS Sixth Form attracts a large number of new students who have achieved GCSE qualifications elsewhere.
- 668 A Level results were at grades A* to B, a rate of 61%. This maintains an upwards trend when compared with 58.4% A*-B grades in 2010, 52.8% in 2009 and 48.8% in 2008.
- There was a significant increase in the number of A* grades. This year, 11.5% of grades were at A* compared to 8.5% A* in 2010.
- There was a similar trend in results at the top end with 34.25% of all grades at A*/A, compared to 30.6% A*-A grades in 2010.
- The average UCAS point per student is 456.
- 69 students achieved the excellent standard of three or more passes at grade A.
- 37 students achieved 4 or more A*/A’s.
Outstanding results came from the following students; the numbers show how many grade A*/A passes the students achieved at A level.
6 - Elizabeth Ainsworth, Simon Allan, Sophie-Elise Horrocks
5 - Sophie Barcroft, Bethan Gregory, Rebecca Hardman, Joe Jackson,
Christina McMahon, Ashley Millward, Kieron Moore, Anna Shahid
4 - Joseph Allcock, Robyn Baker, Thomas Bedlow, Rachel Bond, Tim Bonham, Toby Craddock,
Jacques Dark, John Duckworth, Nishka Goorah, James Greenwood, Emilia Hartwell, Bethany Hayden-Pawson, Emma Jackson, Patrick Kinsella, James Lester, Rachel Meacher, Ben Newell, Lucie Shaw, Rebecca Skelton, Rebecca Slinger, Danny Stanworth, Olivia Sunderland, Emily Tanner, Miles Thomson, Andrew Watson, Catriona Watson.
Sophie-Elise Horrocks, Bethany Hayden-Pawson achieved all A*’s.
- The results mean that 3 students (Simon Allan, Jacques Dark and Bethan Gregory) will enter Oxbridge next year. There will be a further press release about them when the universities have confirmed their places.
The Acting Headteacher, Mr Trevor Elkington said “This is amazing! These are the best results ever in the history of this high achieving school and they reflect enormous credit upon the efforts of the students and their teachers. The majority of our students have achieved their first choice university, many at prestigious medical and law schools and I would like to offer them my warmest congratulations. It is particularly pleasing to see how those students who have joined us two years ago from other local schools have achieved well beyond their target grades and have become a part of the BRGS tradition of success.”